1.) After the sculpture part was finished and was all dried out, I started to paint the burger. I painted with acrylic paint using vibrant colors to make the cheese, lettuce, and tomato really stand out against the brown of the bigger buns. After the paint was done, I chose not to glaze the finished part. This is because I didn't want the burger to shine, but let the colors stay vibrant on their own without any shine to it.
2.) I think the finished piece was successful in the fact that the shape and colors came out the way I hoped. I didn't want a regular circular burger, so I kept most of the box feel to it to make it seem unique. Also I'm really glad the cheese didn't break off. Having such thin clay sticking out so far out of the box is a risk I took, and I'm happy it is strong enough to act as a handle for carrying the box.
3.) If I were to do this again I would add more toppings to the burger, like onions and pickles. That would make it seem more like a real burger and let me add deeper detail to help it look better. I also wish I could have found a better color for the buns. It took a lot of time mixing the paints to get the color I used as my final product, but I wasn't very happy with it. If I had more time I would have spent more of it trying to get the right color. Lastly I would have spent more time on the detail. If I spent longer with keeping my color paints within where those colors should go than my final product would have come out looking more professional and clean.