1.) The first layer was the tissue paper that I glued on as a background with lots of yellow and some red and orange spots around. Secondly I made a template for a circle and created the yellow sun in the middle of the piece. While I waited for that to dry I used red paint to add circles around the edge of the postcard. After the yellow circle was dry, I covered it and spatter red/orange paint around the edges of it to show a sun blowing up of light. I did multiple layers of that until it looked right, and then added the text. I cut out letter shapes from a magazine and then glued that to the post card using modge podge. After that was dry I colored the letters yellow and outlined them in sharpie marker. After that I made random splatters of red paint around the edge and cleaned up the edges of the sun to have a sharper look. My final touch was some sparkles around the letters but not in the sun or on the letters.
2.) My word was "light". I portrayed it by using very light like colors like yellow, orange and red to represent sunlight. I made a sun in the middle exploding with light and colors. Then I just added the word "light" using cut out magazine pages. This I colored yellow, again the show off the colors of the sun. Then I just added random red design around the edge for some extra color.
1.) After the sculpture part was finished and was all dried out, I started to paint the burger. I painted with acrylic paint using vibrant colors to make the cheese, lettuce, and tomato really stand out against the brown of the bigger buns. After the paint was done, I chose not to glaze the finished part. This is because I didn't want the burger to shine, but let the colors stay vibrant on their own without any shine to it.
2.) I think the finished piece was successful in the fact that the shape and colors came out the way I hoped. I didn't want a regular circular burger, so I kept most of the box feel to it to make it seem unique. Also I'm really glad the cheese didn't break off. Having such thin clay sticking out so far out of the box is a risk I took, and I'm happy it is strong enough to act as a handle for carrying the box.
3.) If I were to do this again I would add more toppings to the burger, like onions and pickles. That would make it seem more like a real burger and let me add deeper detail to help it look better. I also wish I could have found a better color for the buns. It took a lot of time mixing the paints to get the color I used as my final product, but I wasn't very happy with it. If I had more time I would have spent more of it trying to get the right color. Lastly I would have spent more time on the detail. If I spent longer with keeping my color paints within where those colors should go than my final product would have come out looking more professional and clean.